Thursday, December 16, 2010

Illustration Friday: Phenomenon



I find it phenomenal that people believe commercial advertising actually advertises the truth about their products.

This week a yogurt company was sued b/c they claimed in their advertising that one serving of their yogurt will help with digestive problems...when apparently you have to eat three servings...

And McDonalds is being sued b/c of their use of toys to get children to want their products...well, duh....

Deceptive advertising folks...its everywhere...take for instance the false claim that milk promotes strong bones...when in fact the countries with the highest rate of osteoporosis and bone fractures are in countries that consume the most milk (that being the U.S., the U.K., Canada, and the Scandinavian countries).

4 comments:

Ann Marie DiVecchia said...

Your comment about milk drinking countries and osteoporosis is scary. I love milk! I wonder why that is...
Anyway I like the simple stylized image!

Melissa Arandia said...

I agree! There's just so much false advertising going on these days. Companies would do anything to sell their products. Nice b&w illo by the way :)

debbie palen said...

Nice figure! And I agree- what a crock so much of advertising is these days.. but having said that; I miss the old days when I could make money doing it! (Of course only the good ads like the backs of those cereal boxes containing all that sugar!);)

Debbie Palen said...

This is interesting- I didn't know that about the relationship between milk drinking and bone health!
Your art is lovely and reminds me of Matisse... nice flow!