Monday, April 19, 2010

Illustration Friday: Detective


This is an illo I did for a girl's tween magazine a few months back for their health and body questions. Hopefully it came through as humorous and understandable.

If anyone has been following Sam the greyhound's story on my blog, he is now in his forever home and I am extremely happy and grateful to Claire Sygiel and the rescue group Greyhound Options for making this happen. Finding a home for rescue's is like detective work in itself. I wish all animals could have such a happy ending.

Lastly, this past Saturday I went to Books of Wonder for the 'Kids and Comics' event and to pick up a copy of my friend, Mike Cavallaro's, latest book Foiled.

16 comments:

k.h.whitaker said...

cute illustration

Tamara Henderson said...

great illustration! it is very humorous!

Tony LaRocca said...

Very cute, although "Closed for maintenance" is my personal favorite euphemism. :)

Nathanael Lark said...

I love the colors in this! That pink blue and brown combo is excellent.

clara said...

very cute!

Merita said...

I love it! It`s a great illo.

Ann Pilicer said...

Made me smile! What a great illo! Great job! :D

Soo said...

Very nice work. Great characters!

debbie palen said...

It's such a clever way to touch on a delicate subject! Wit and warmth- what a great combination. The dog rocks too!

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

Joy Steuerwald said...

Hi Sheree!
A wonderful illustration that fits this weeks topic perfectly! The characters, color palette and composition work really well. I bet it looked great in print!

MrBibleHead said...

Very nice illo Sheree! Love your characters. I'm so happy Sam found a home. God bless

heidi Younger Illustration said...

LOL Aunt Flow, Sheree you crack me up.
Great news about Sam finding a home.
Happy Endings!

Stines Hjem - Livet på landet said...

Hi!
I'm writing about one of your childrens book illustration on my blog today, if you wanne have a look :) Let me know if you want it translateted ;)

I just love your illustrations!!!

From Stine in Norway

justdoodleit said...

Again, a really nice doggie!

Ms. Art Every Way said...

This is so adorable!